Extra Mayo, Please!

Give me all the mayo in a five hundred mile radius!!!  I don't even eat dairy!  Is mayo actually dairy or just synthetic?  Who cares!  What am I rambling on about when I have the BEST NEWS EVER.  


The Mayo Clinic can fix me!!!!  Ask and you shall receive!  (see previous post)  I didn't get a dashing, young doctor but what I did get is one trillion times better:  life.  At my appointment terms like "long life" and "decades" were being thrown around.  I basked in their glory.  

Dr. David Nagorney, the surgeon we met with and my new hero, can operate to remove the vast majority of my disease.  Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!  Shout from the rafters, sing songs of joy, dance in the streets!!!!  On the chopping block is the primary tumor, located in the pancreas, part of my liver, gallbladder and spleen.  Peace out!  Left behind will be the pancreatic head or about 40% of the organ.  This is enough pancreas for me to live normally, I will not need insulin or enzymes.  More dancing!  The pancreatic body and atrophic tail will be resected.  The left side of my liver or the worst looking part, will also meet its maker.  Then, any left over liver tumors will be ablated Burn baby, burn!  Since the cancer has micrometastasis in the blood, there is the strong chance of returning incidents.  Following surgery, I will be monitored over the years for tumors that may crop up.  These will be put on watch if they aren't causing any problems or ablated if they are. 

Surgery isn't scheduled yet.  First, I must clear up a few pesky details like work stuffs and how to pay for any of this.  Then,  Rochester, Minnesota here I come... again.  New favorite place, right Tiff?  

Finally, a plan!  Better yet, a plan that makes sense!  I didn't know it but this is what I've been looking for over the past 8 months.  Even better is a plan involving an abundance of living time afterwards!  Saying I'm happy would be an immense understatement.  But still true.  It's now Wednesday and this news was delivered Monday, I'm still floating on cloud nine.  Life is good again.  Stress released.  Smile returned and multiplied seventy jillion times.  

Dad, I couldn't have done this without your quiet company as you tirelessly criss-crossed the Midwest to haul me back and forth to Minnesota, often in snow and the dead of night.  Sherp, #PIC.  Mom, we got our plan.  Deb and Kendall, watching Lola is no easy task but you have prevailed remarkably.  You, readers of this little blog o' mine, we did it.  It was your prayers, love, light, cards, thoughts, messages, lunches, late nights that held me upright when I was crumbling   Now, we just sit back and let the experts at Mayo take over.  



My beautiful people here in Denver are planning a fundraiser in my honor.  Wild, yeah?  A younger me would have silently backed away with raised eyebrows thinking they are coo-coo for Coco Puffs if someone had said there'd be fundraiser held for me at 32 years of age.  Stay tuned for more details.  It's going to be a big, fat party and you're all invited!!!   

Let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!  







2 comments:

  1. You need to listen to "you're an overcomer" by Mandisa
    Amazing news, Thank you Lord<3
    http://youtu.be/z29olPjFbqg

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such great news! Can't wait to do happy dances with you.

    ReplyDelete