Just Peachy

Round one of chemo is in the bag!  Whooo hoo!  I'm not really this excited, it just seemed like I should cheer.  Have I lost my mind?  A bit.  The chemo embolization treatment was applied to the right side of my liver, targeting about 6 tumors.  They will treat the left side when I go back for round two in six weeks, .

It's been about a week and I feel like I was hit by a MACK Truck.  I've gone on and on about how my "special" chemo will have "minimal" side effects... talk about speaking too soon.  I'm getting my ass kicked here.  BUT, this isn't a pity party so put your tiny violins away.  Let's just put it this way:  I've never been so tired in my life and yes, there are side effects.  My treasured friend, Melissa, put it best, "It's a good thing you feel like you're getting your a** kicked.  That means the chemo is working it's magic."  If that is the case, then indeed it is.

With that being said, I'm off to the Grand Canyon.  How have I gone this long in life without seeing it?  Time to remedy that!  What started out as a road trip with my sister, Tiff, is now flanked with two flights.  Mom would not have her freshly-chemoed daughter cruising through hundreds of miles of desert, sleeping in the car when needed.  Hahaha.  I'm okay with this.  My only hope is I can hang long enough to enjoy some hiking.  After the GC we're off to the coast for some beach time.  This trip is short and sweet, one last hurrah before summer ends and it's back to school!  And round two of chemo and then surgery.... eek!

Hug someone you love.  Give a person in need a hand.  Be happy.  Smile....  I am.


1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, Shannon called me the other day, explained your ordeal and gave me your "Cancer Chic" website. Like countless others, I'm praying for you and so are many others from our St. Isidore Church prayerline. I think of you every day and offer this special prayer: "Oh, Lord, in my present need, help me believe that You are aware of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me strength to trust You and to put the present and future in Your merciful hands. Grant this through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."
    Say hello to the GC. You'll love it.
    God Bless You, Joyce Bieber

    ReplyDelete