Passion Fruit

To date or not to date.... that is the question.

Poor Will Shakespeare.  He writes an amazing line and yahoos like myself continually adapt it to meet our needs.  He's rolled over so many times in his grave he's probably burrowed a hole to China by now.

After my most recent debacle (short version: an icky person made a swift exit from my life following the news.... in hindsight, I dodged a bullet), I decided that dating while having cancer isn't a good idea.  It just doesn't seem fair to the other person.

Imagine this scenario (close your eyes... but keep reading):

I meet a fella.  We begin dating.  Everything is running smoothly.  This fella and I are spending a lot of quality time together.  He's tall, incredibly good-looking, and has a great job but isn't married to his work.  He texts me all day long and calls "just to say hi."  We hike when we're not at yoga or throwing a frisbee in the park.  He always pays for dinner when he isn't home-cooking meals with fresh, organic ingredients.  Enough yet?   He loves to give massages, shoe shop, and thinks I'm the most gorgeous creature to ever walk this planet.  Enough now.

One day a conversation transpires:

The Fella:  Lins, I really like you, we get along great and things are so fun!
Lindsey:  I know!  Me too!
The Fella:  Should we make things official?
Lindsey:  That would be wonderful!
The Fella:  Great.
Lindsey:  Great.  Ummm... just one tinsey thing.... I have the Big C....
The Fella:  ......     (sound of air blowing in my face as he runs the opposite direction)

With all that said, I have a date on Saturday.  Haha!  I just can't help myself.  This chick has a lot of love to give that special someone.  He just has to show up.


No comments:

Post a Comment