As Cool As a Cucumber


I'm green with envy.  And about to rant.  Hold on tight.

I'm jealous of the Hulk.  I wish I could turn into a giant green beast and tear some sh*t up when I get mad.  Because I'm f*ucking mad and there is nothing I can do about it. *

I hate cancer.  HATE. IT. **

If I had my way, and I don't like it when I don't get my way, I would Green Mile inhale everyone's diseases and exhale them into the atmosphere.  No one should have go through this.  I thought I had everyone covered.  I mean, what are the odds that anyone around me would also have cancer.  Pain-stakingly, I have learned of another person close to me with a cancer diagnosis.  NO!  No No No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!  I envision RAGING with Hulk-caliber strength - transforming into a giant with bulging muscles that will aid me as I savagely tear through every bit of my current surroundings.... and then some.  I'm SO MAD!  Words no longer convey my emotions so I primordially growl with Jurassic Park pitches which blow back your hair.  I want to do the damage I know cancer is unjustifiably inflicting upon another person's life.  The intense pain, constant trips to the hospital, stress of medical bills, the anguish of loved ones watching on, mortality staring you down.  It's NOT okay and it's NOT fair.  

Of course there have been times before I was "sick" when I heard about such things but they register on a whole new plane of emotions now.  (In case that wasn't obvious.)  I've now walked that path and it simply shouldn't be allowed to exist.  But it does.  

Why is that?  Begin second, purposefully shorter, rant.  Cancer is big business.  Especially in the US.  I continually read about people seeking treatment overseas and there is a reason for this.  Elsewhere the FDA hasn't banned everything non-pill form so pharmaceutical companies' CEOs can continue to drive cars that cost more than annual salary and roll around in money Indecent Proposal style.  Anyone else see a problem with this?  End short rant.  See, that wasn't so bad.

Deep breaths.  Deep breaths.


My latest blood work revealed I'm STILL anemic.  This explains my fatigue and moodiness.  So, my vegan days are on hold for bit as I take in some iron.  Oh steak, how I've missed thee... let me count the ways.  My doctor recommended some pills of course, but that's not how I roll.  I immediately took to researching foods containing iron.  If there is a pill that will do something there is most certainly a natural way.  Meat is high on the iron-rich foods list.  Congrats steak, you're back in!  Not just any steak, mind you; organically (if possible) grass-fed beef.  Oysters, cherished with all my heart, also made the list as well as some of my normal bunny food like spinach.  Fortunately, all works well with the diet I'm trying which is a high fat, low carb way of eating called the Ketogenic diet.  It's shown great results for epilepsy and other diseases and research shows it's a great cancer fighter.   The premise is to essentially starve the cancer cells of the glucose they need to thrive and provide support for the mitochondrial respiration process in healthy tissues.   Trying a new diet is non-toxic.  When my glucose and blood sugar is lowered, normal cells can switch to burring ketone bodies for fuel while cancer cells are starved of the glucose they need to grow.  Makes sense to me.
Foods high in good fat are eggs, avocados, salmon and almonds, to name a few.  Plus my daily dose of leaves.  All carbs, even gluten free, are gone.  As I've recommended, read Wheat Belly.  You'll be running from anything made with "wheat" as I am.  Great read. 

Speaking of books/random side note: I'm absolutely loving The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown. This is the second book of hers I've read and it's magnificent.  I devoured Daring Greatly on a four-hour flight from Denv to NYC and packed I Thought It Was Just Me for my summer reading.  Her messages of loving yourself, finding true joy and not just fleeting happiness, settling into your emotions instead of avoiding them (Hulk-raging?), and allowing yourself to be imperfect are beautiful, enlightening, and soul-changing.  

Another book I'm obsessed with is The Buddha Walked Into A Bar... A Guide to Life for a New Generation.  This book isn't solely for people interested in Buddism.  Lodro Rinzler's writing is light and inviting, putting the splendor of Buddism into easily understood language.  It has many of the same messages Brené brings to the table such as being easy on yourself, the art of forgiveness, and loving those who have wronged you.  It's sublime and grand all at once. 


Okay... rant(s) complete(ish) for now.  Instead of a Hulk transformation, I'll take the peaceful path and offer my unceasing services to the person mentioned in this post and ALL who are, as I am, working through this muck-filled cancer world.  How can I help?  A hug.  A book.  A shoulder.  An ear.  Advice.  I've been where you are and I'll be right by you in person or essence. 









*Please excuse my language. This blog is typically and purposefully PG-rated.  It couldn't be helped in this instance. I beg of your pardon.

** This attitude is a bit different than my previous post.  As I explained then, I shift in moods like the tides.  It's the Cancer in me (zodiac Cancer)









No comments:

Post a Comment